- Over 5000 APC Members Decamp to PDP in Kogi - October 3, 2022
- Elections:’I am Ready to Serve Nigerians’- Tinubu Debunks Health Rumours - October 3, 2022
- Nigeria’s Super Falcons to Face Japan in Friendly Match - October 2, 2022
The National Examination Council (NECO) announced on Thursday, the release of the 2022 Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results.
NECO Registrar and Chief Executive Officer, Professor Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi made the announcement at the NECO Headquarters in Minna.
It was also revealed that 29 supervisors had been blacklisted for committing various malpractice offenses during the concluded examination.
Prof. Wushishi said 60.74% of students, which is around 727,894 made five credits and above, including Mathematics and English Language.
This means a decrease of 10.9% compared to 2021 performance while noting that out of 1,209,703 registered candidates, only 1,198,417 sat for the examination.
The Register said 13,594 malpractice cases were recorded representing 0.13%, noting a drop in malpractice compared to Last year.
He revealed four schools have been recommended for de-certification possibly for two years due to participation in mass malpractices.
1,031 candidates with disabilities sat for the examination, which include 98 with albinism, 177 with autism, 574 with hearing impairment, and 107 with visual impairment.
Source: The Nation